Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Operator Interface: On-Location Advertising

On-location advertising platforms are the newest offerings for locations by operators. TouchTunes' Barfly; Ecast's IQ; Tap.tv, which has partnered with Rowe and Merit; and Rivals Media, a group of nine distributors that recently partnered up to bring forth On Site, are banking that their customizable networks will grow from a buzz to a trend.

Before this development, flatscreen TVs in bars and taverns were sometimes seen as counterproductive to coin drop. Now they're a potentially promising revenue stream for operators from third-party advertisers wanting to get their name out, as well as for a clever motor for driving the location's business.

Have you implemented a customizable media solution to your locations and their patrons, or do you plan to? Do you think the service is a viable addition to your menu of services? Which of the three systems do you think excels in its features? Advertise your thoughts, and your opinions may be selected for including in the next issue of RePlay Magazine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These companies are selling "hope". As in "I hope there is going to be advertising money to share". Until this is a viable advertising vehicle that actually impacts the sales of the advertisers products, I don't see this as something that will make any money.

Anonymous said...

You really should not include Ecast in that group. They are selling ads on jukeboxes, everybody else there is "hoping" to sell ads on the TV's in the bars. At least Ecast has a track record of paying advertiser money to operators. None of these other companies has paid a nickel out.

Anonymous said...

not true I got advertiser money from Touchtunes

Conradical said...

I see this avenue as an additional revenue stream and as one more way to differentiate myself from the other companies that provide business services to my locations.

Anonymous said...

While both Ecast and Touchtunes have paid out advertising revenue, that is truly supplemental income on a revenue generating jukebox. This new venture is 100% reliant on ad revenue to give the operator a return on investment. I am interested to hear how many operators are willing to pay upfront (or over time) for alleged ad revenue. This seems like a bunch of hooey to me.

Anonymous said...

sounds like hooey? lol maybe...but when the Touchtunes rep came to see me for the first time 10 yrs ago, I wasn't sure that was going to be the future of my music business. Now that same music delivery system I doubted, represents between 40-50% of my bar revenue! What ROI are you talking about, Touchtunes gives me Barfly for free, and pays me to install it. Our industry needs to stop fighting the future, and embrace it!